Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Green Ideas For Zhen

When we started Zhen back in 1994 I did not want to use boxes or unnecessary packing materials. Now 15 years later I going back to that philosophy. I listed some of the green ideas I have received in last few weeks.
Susan Yee

I was thinking that perhaps you could put in a check option at the end/confirmation of order on whether or not they want the additional packaging for the products and or catalog. I realize that you may be required to have this information for the products available, and if this is a requirement, I was thinking that perhaps changing the ID stickers on the product to include them. This may save you a bit in printing and material fees. If you must use the black sleeves, perhaps you can add in the end/confirmation a check mark asking if they would want to keep them, or offer something like a self addressed stamped envelope option to have the customer send it back for reuse and offer a small incentive like a coupon or even a credit if they do so.
Eirika

- Reuse the glass bottles that you send my foundation in, i feel awful just throwing them away. Lose the boxes that they come in, find a way to use refill instead of all new packaging
Gabbriellea

- I have been concerned about Zhen's excessive packaging- paper bags in plastic bubble wrap in mailing envelopes. Save on packaging, save on costs, save on environment! Why not offer refills for items like powders instead of the regular compact? What about offering discounts for customers returning a certain number of jars for refill or recycle-- not sure about the details, just the concept. Also, in the age of TSA liquid restrictions at airports, travel sizes would be so helpful.
Meg

No comments: