Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ideas For Saving Zhen Beauty

Here some of the great ideas i have received. If anyone knows more about some of these topics, such as Asian Student Groups, Long Drugs in Hawaii, or Ranch 99 please post your comments.


I've always wondered why your company never got into the larger or more mainstream dept stores in California. I am from the SF bay area and there are so many Asian women here who would appreciate your make-up. I had always had trouble finding a foundation that matched my skin color until I came across your brand when I was in Hawaii many years ago.I would be so sad and lost if you had to close production. Have you ever thought of opening satellite boutiques or kiosks in the malls? I'm sure I can't come up with any ideas you haven't already thought of. Would you be willing to partner with somebody who could distribute for you in areas you may not have reached?
Robin

Long's Drug Stores in Honolulu. Some stores used to sell Shiseido cosmetics, and there was a trained salesgirl in each store who knew about the line who could help. But Shiseido pulled out of Longs in Sept 2007 (I believe). Longs is capable of selling high-end cosmetics, stores have a cosmetic counter, but don't have a "luxury" cosmetics line to market. And EVERYONE shops at Long's. It's a well-respected drug store. They know their customers and have a loyal local following. And I bet local ladies would love Zhen if only they had more exposure to the line. In fact, just thinking about Zhen in Long's makes me really excited. I hope that you can investigate this angle. www.longs.com (they have a terrible website, but the stores are great)
Christine

No comments: