Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ideas For Saving Zhen Beauty

Here are some great ideas I have received from Zhen friends and customers;

Although I am not Asian, I have Asian skin tones and like your products. I am the president of one Chinese community group and the vice president of another. I had not thought to recommend your products beyond a friend or two, but I will now send out your site to the group members. Hope this helps. Perhaps focusing on similar groups would be helpful.
Bonnie

I would love to see an expansion of the trial sized products. Maybe on orders of $25 you could offer one trial size product for free.

Maybe when a customer looks at an item, if there are any testimonials for that item-a link could lead to the testimonial to help make a decision.

My last suggestion is to try and reduce shipping costs. I just heard about freeshipping.com, and went to their site, but am not too sure how it works. Anything to help with shipping costs!!!! Or maybe some type of program for free shipping after spending a total of $75-100 within two years.

I have no business sense, and am talking off the top of my head--but I hope my suggestions give you an indication of how much I like your products!!
Sandra

Have you tried marketing to the young Asian college communities? Many schools with large Asian populations have Asian American clubs, centers etc. which are easily identified from the school websites. You could send flyers or catalogs and ask them to post or make catalogs available. You might offer to do college talks about being an Asian female entrepreneur. Have you considered having college students sponser Mary Kay type parties? Your products would be popular with young Asian women. They are very reasonably priced and are of good quality.

I wish you well!
Cecilia

Have you though of a special price for college students? If so, you might be able to market it through Asian student clubs, etc. Or, an idea I like is to help these clubs raise funds through a referral program. So, sales from their referrals will give their clubs 5-10% of the total sale. Or a token amount. It could be a tax write off (donation) for you, and it helps the clubs.


I love your products and wish you the best.
Julie

1 comment:

Bucinka said...

Susan, I just sent you an e-mail about a presence in university bookstores. On the message boards at Makeup Alley (www.makeupalley.com), several members have commented that their universities (Princeton and others) have Clinique counters. Wouldn't Zhen go over great at Berkeley, U of Hawaii, or any campus, really, with large Asian student (and faculty/staff!) populations? You could put trial size products or coupons for free makeovers or discounted products in new student orientation kits. Students are also always looking for part-time jobs, so this would be a way for them to work on campus and work with products they love.